Here at SU2HD we care about your health and have a passion for educating people on heart disease. Our “Staggering Stats” will be a new addition to our Just Saying page where we will bring stats around heart disease and other related health issues like Stroke and Cardiovascular Disease. The stats below are from American Heart Association 2017 research.
Heart Disease, Stroke and other Cardiovascular Diseases
• Cardiovascular disease, listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 801,000
deaths in the US. That’s about 1 of every 3 deaths in the US.
• About 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every
• Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than all forms of cancer and Chronic
Lower Respiratory Disease combined.
• About 92.1 million American adults are living with some form of cardiovascular disease or the
after-effects of stroke. Direct and indirect costs of cardiovascular diseases and stroke are
estimated to total more than $316 billion; that includes both health expenditures and lost
• Nearly half of all NH black adults have some form of cardiovascular disease, 47.7 percent of
females and 46.0 percent of males.
• Coronary Heart Disease is the leading cause (45.1 percent) of deaths attributable to
cardiovascular disease in the US, followed by stroke (16.5 percent), Heart Failure (8.5
percent), High Blood Pressure (9.1 percent), diseases of the arteries (3.2 percent), and other
• Heart disease accounts for 1 in 7 deaths in the U.S.
• Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for more than 17.3
million deaths per year, a number that is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by
• Cardiovascular deaths represented 31 percent of all global deaths.
•The estimated global cost of cardiovascular disease was $863 billion, and it is
estimated to rise to $1044 billion by 2030.
Look for more staggering stats in the future to educate you along with other inspiration posts to help you manage your overall stress. Stats are good, words are powerful and small life changes can make a difference in your quality of life. Until next time.
Subscribe to Stand Up 2 Heart Disease
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Stand Up 2 Heart Disease. Subscribe below.