- Dial® Liquid Soap
- Softsoap® Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap
- Tea Tree Therapy™ Liquid Soap
- Provon® Soap
- Clearasil® Daily Face Wash
- Dermatologica® Skin Purifying Wipes
- Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser
- DermaKleen™ Antibacterial Lotion Soap
- Naturade Aloe Vera 80® Antibacterial Soap
- CVS Antibacterial Soap
- pHisoderm Antibacterial Skin Cleanser
- Dial® Liquid Soap
- Colgate Total®; Breeze™ Triclosan Mouthwash
- Reach® Antibacterial Toothbrush
- Janina Diamond Whitening Toothpaste
- Supre® Café Bronzer™
- TotalSkinCare Makeup Kit
- Garden Botanika® Powder Foundation
- Mavala Lip Base
- Jason Natural Cosmetics
- Blemish Cover Stick
- Movate® Skin Litening Cream HQ
- Paul Mitchell Detangler Comb
- Revlon ColorStay LipSHINE Lipcolor Plus Gloss
- Old Spice High Endurance Stick Deodorant
- Right Guard Sport Deodorant
- Queen Helene® Tea Trea Oil Deodorant and Aloe Deodorant
- Nature De France Le Stick Natural Stick Deodorant
- DeCleor Deodorant Stick
- Epoch® Deodorant with Citrisomes
- X Air Maximum Strength Deodorant
Other Personal Care Products:
- Gillette® Complete Skin Care MultiGel Aerosol Shave Gel
- Murad Acne Complex® Kit®
- Diabet-x™ Cream
- T.Taio™ sponges and wipes
- Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel
First Aid Products:
- SyDERMA® Skin Protectant plus First Aid Antiseptic
- First Aid Medicated Spray;
- Nexcare™ First Aid
- Skin Crack Care
- First Aid/Burn Cream
- HealWell® Night Splint
- 11-1X1: Universal Cervical Collar with Microban
- Farberware® Microban Steakknife Set and Cutting Boards
- Franklin Machine Products FMP Ice Cream Scoop SZ 20 Microban
- Hobart Semi-Automatic Slicer
- Chix® Food Service Wipes with Microban
- Compact Web Foot® Wet Mop Heads
- Fellowes Cordless Microban Keyboard and Microban Mouse Pad
- Merrell Shoes
- Sabatier Chef’s Apron
- Dickies Socks
- Fruit of the Loom Socks
- Biofresh® Socks
- Stack ‘n Scoop Whale
- Rockin’ Radio
- Sounds Around Driver
- Roll ‘n’ Rattle Ball
- Animal Sounds Phone
- Busy Beads Pal
- Pop ‘n’ Spin Top
- Lights ‘n’ Surprise Laptop
- Bionare® Cool Mist Humidifier
- Microban® All Weather Reinforced Hose
- Thomasville® Furniture
- Deciguard AB Ear Plugs
- Bauer® 5000 Helmet
- Aquatic Whirlpools
- Miller Paint Interior Paint
- QVC® Collapsible 40-Can Cooler
- Holmes Foot Buddy™ Foot Warmer
- Blue Mountain Wall Coverings
- California Paints®
- EHC AMRail Escalator Handrails
- Dupont™ Air Filters
- Durelle™ Carpet Cushions
- Advanta One Laminate Floors
- San Luis Blankets
- J Cloth® towels
- JERMEX mops
Note: This list is eleven years old and there are probably hundreds more by now!
This chemical is commonly found in body washes, cleansers, shampoos and conditioners among other things. Used to embalm human corpses, it is added to household products to supposedly prevent bacterial growth.
According to the International Agency for Research on Carcinogens, it has been associated with occupational cancers such as nasopharyngeal and nasal cancers. It has also been termed as a human carcinogen. It is a major cause of skin allergies and it can even affect the immune system.
This chemical is widespread throughout the cosmetic and beauty industry as a preservative to prevent mold, bacteria and yeast from growing in products. Parabens are commonly found in many body washes, shampoos and cleansers among others. The use of this chemical has been linked with breast tumors found in women.
This chemical is usually used in many products used for acne treatment. Even though most products that contain this chemical have a minute quantity such as 2.5% or 5%, it can still cause dryness of the skin leading to irritation. The effects can include burning, peeling, itching and even swelling. It has also been classified as a potentially carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemical.
D&C Yellow 11
The colors used in the skin care and other beauty products are characterized by the prefix D&C which stands for Drugs and Cosmetics, followed by the color and its code. This chemical is found in soaps and can be extremely harmful if used in the area surrounding the eyes.
What you use to wash your face with is important if you want to maintain soft, pliable and youthful skin. Using harsh soaps is not recommended by skin specialists. This is because of the harsh chemicals which can strip your skin of its natural oils and leave it feeling dry and itchy. Regular use will only worsen the condition.
The skin on your face is extremely thin and requires constant and gentle care. Try using FreeMart NVIRO 360 Shave and Shower Gel, which will help cleanse out the dirt without harming your skin.
Lye is one of the main ingredients found in many soaps and is classified as a caustic chemical which can cause a lot of damage to your skin. If lye is present, it can dry out the skin and even cause burning.
Soap companies have the liberty to pass on their chemical cocktails under what is called the “fragrance label” which means they don’t have to disclose all the ingredients. Many companies use this loophole to sneak in dangerous chemicals such as phthalates into their products. There have been cases reported where constant exposure has resulted in asthma and migraines among others.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
This chemical is a foaming agent found in almost all personal care and cleaning products. It has nothing to do with cleaning, but it does make a lot of beautiful suds. While it is known to be an irritant to eye, skin and lungs, studies show that it has the potential to combine with other chemicals to form carcinogenic compounds. These compounds of nitrosamines can also be the cause of several respiratory and kidney related diseases.
This ingredient is also commonly found in most soaps and is also carcinogenic. Regular exposure has shown a link between usage and chances of breast cancer.
Symptoms of soap induced chemical poisoning include
- Eye, skin and mouth irritations
- Membrane alterations
- Damage to the brain, heart, spleen and liver
- Chronic irritant and cause of dermatitis
- Compromised skin barrier, rendering it open to entry of bacteria
- Compromised cell function
- Corroding of the hair follicle and cause of hair loss
Free-Mart NVIRO 360 Shave and Shower Gel is an all organic, earth-friendly, health-friendly body wash, shampoo and shaving gel. It can also be used as a non-fluoride toothpaste for cleaning teeth and dentures. One bottle serves and replaces all of your bathroom needs and it is even gentle enough to wash your baby’s bottom.
Help us clean up the earth while taking care of all your personal hygiene needs with NVIRO 360 Shave and Shower Gel.